Assembling the solar panels Fall 2013 harvest The ‘monster’ inverter and completed battery box in the back extension. A working sink! Working on trim on the ceiling Sara working on staining cabinets & drawers We haven’t made it to the dome as much since Neil bought a restaurant. Neil trying to get a better… Continue reading Garlic
We had some bad luck early this year – our secondary septic tank popped up out of the ground (saturated soil + an empty tank) Staining bathroom and panty cabinets The first room with completed trim – the bathroom. On the left is the instant water heater. The septic tank re-buried – with a boulder… Continue reading Water & Power
Neil preparing the back extension floor for linoleum. Sara spreading adhesive for the cork flooring in our bedroom. Bedroom cork floor Picture break after setting up the solar panel pole after some digging and rebar installation before a concrete pour. Neil’s bedroom cork floor Sara painting the front steps Tile installation in the front entry… Continue reading Floors & a toilet
In no particular order: All of the downstairs bamboo has been installed. Here is a brief view which was promptly covered with paper and plywood to protect it. Here is the bamboo in the pantry: Freshly poured self-leveling concrete for the cork flooring in the bathroom: The front steps before they were stained: Painting in… Continue reading More Work
Here is a copy of the cabin floor plan. There are some minor changes, but the layout is the same.
We’ve got drywall in and are about to start painting! It’s taken a while to get everything insulated and put up vapor barrier. Back extension drywalled Looking in from the back extension – on the left – master bedroom, bathroom, pantry. On the right – Neil’s room, living room, kitchen where the fan is. Neil’s… Continue reading Drywalled
The first few pieces of drywall we put up in the back extension. A maze of septic lines. Installing a ventilation fan. Siding at last! We took off today to get a wiring & plumbing inspection. Two to four inches of snow was expected for the past 24 hours. There was an inch on the… Continue reading More visible progress and slammed by snow
We finally have some news-worthy updates to the dome blog. For the past 6 months or so we’ve been working on the inside structure, wiring, and plumbing, none of which makes for very interesting pictures (oh look, it’s the same wall, but this time there is a wire stapled to it!) The latest news is… Continue reading It’s starting to look like a real house!
Finishing the second floor flooring, doing wiring, plumbing, and stub walls have taken up most of the year so far. We had several bonfires in the spring as we slowly burned one of the two brush piles. A late spring blowdown that took a few hours to clear We brought a sick chicken one weekend.… Continue reading Gradual Inside work